Thursday, January 10, 2013

The scoup

Well here I am again getting ready for another surgery. I usually call everyone and tell them, but this is starting to get really old.
So I have not called everyone. I am going to have surgery on Friday. I will be in be in the hospital for a few days. You might be thinking ... wow she would do anything to get out of living at the hotel :) No I would not do this.

I had 36 radiation treatments on my right breast side back in Nov, Dec, Jan of last year. I had another breast surgery on August 4th of 2012. It has never seemed to really be right compared to the other surgery's and how much I loved my boobs. I did not love this new one. Lately it was getting a little more misshapen. I made appointment to see my plastic surgeon on the 20.
I was suppose to have a Chemo treatment on Monday the 7th, but the evening before I had what seemed to be a leak in my right boob. Kathi and I went to see my plastic surgeon on Monday morning to make sure it was ok to have Chemo that I was not getting a infection or something. Well it was the or something.
My implant was pushing to pop through my radiated think skin and had sprung a leak.
The Dr felt like it was something that need to have some kine of urgent attention. He talked with my oncologist and the two of them agreed no Chemo that day for me and not for 6 weeks after my surgery. I am going to have to have them take some skin and muscle from the right side of my back and pull it around to the front to give me  some strength in my skin. They will take the implant out and clean it all up and then put in a implant also.
I will admit I was pretty glad not to have to have chemo on Monday. We should be moved in and all comfortable in our new place long before I have to have another treatment.
I did have to have a CT scan on Monday for my oncologist. She wanted to look and see what the treatment had been doing or not doing........ I am voting doing.
_______________________________________________________________________
I have a cousin whose daughter is getting married this week in Pendleton. I have just know FOREVER  that I would be at her wedding. It was a given.
Well I knew that I would not make it because of the chemo. I let them know that I would not make it.
I just really really want them to know how much their family means to our family.
They have always been so supportive to my whole family. From my parents down.
We love you Mark, Marilyn and family. I pray that Shakina's wedding is blessed by the presence of the Lord. I also pray that you would feel the love coming from your Salem family. Many tears have been shed about not being able to be at the wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Cris...
    praying for you. I won't stop!
    Thanks for sharing and NEVER feel that we are tired of praying and standing with you.
    Even now my mom is agreeing and we re-committ ourselves to holding you, Dan and the kids before our GREAT and awesome God.
    HE will NEVER EVER grow tired of you and the rest of us coming to Him and pleading. In fact, He INVITES it! Yah....remember Jesus told about the unrighteous judge who finally said, "OKAY! I'll grant your request just to get you to stop asking!!"? And our Father is NOT unrighteous

    So, we ask.
    much love... robin sturm
    much love to you...

    ReplyDelete