Friday, April 27, 2012

Rosebud, our 1958 Ken Craft travel trailer

This is Rosebud. Last summer we had a 1962 Mallard that one was a little to heavy, then we got a 1958 Caveman. That one was a little to small, Then we got a 1969 Aladdin. I named that one Goldie locks. Because it was just right. Then about 2 weeks later Rosebud came into our life. She had a toilet and that made her even better. She was also in all original condition. I love to look at the web site sisters on the fly and tin can tourists. I just love these vintage old trailers. We are going to try to make the toilet room more like a bathroom. One where you sit on the toilet and shower. We are looking into how to do this. That would make Rosebud the best trailer EVER!!! she is named for my great friend Rose who went with me to look at this trailer and also Dan and I loved the movie funny farm with Chevy Chase. He moved to a town called Rosebud and Dan and I have been through a few towns like Rosebud. I will put more photos of her on her for you to enjoy.
Our trip to the Redwoods Aug 2011

These were made in Hollywood California

It is a little girlie on the inside. Dan likes vintage things and is secure enough in his man hood so it is ok.     
This is what is on the cute little stove

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited for trips with you guys. Dad and I talked and I think we are going to try and plan a trip to Detroit where we can take our trailers and do day hikes. You and I should get on planning that. Before all sites are taken. We talked about going to a more remote site, instead of the main camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous trailer and not too "girlie" at all! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a 1958 Kencraft camper mine is smaller & no potty but looks like yours
    her name is Trashy Tassy. would love to share pics of yours and mine... I read your profile and I just want to say I'm praying for you and your loved ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your trailer. My email address is crissybrennan@comcast.net

      Delete
  4. We just bought a 1964 Kencraft, and wanted to know if you have your manual and would be willing to share since I am sure our retro travel trailers are very similar. Any guidance or words of wisdom you can pass on will be much appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete