Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dr Tiffany

Well I saw Dr Tiffany today my medical Oncologist. I really like her.
She was looking over the last pathology report and it showed that the Estrogen was 1% positive?
It has been a triple negative because it has showed no signs of being positive. 1% is not much, but could take it to the realm of possible other types of hormone therapy. She is sending it off to a different lab that has some new test that has become available in the last month and see what they say. She is also going to be talking with another Oncologist in Portland about my case and see if there is any Chemo that he would suggest. As of right now she is thinking not because this bugger made it through the whole on slot of chemo drugs in 2010. She felt that it would not respond well again to those ones. Then there is the possibility that the radiation killed all that was left. I go back in 2 and a half weeks to talk about the most recent pathology report that should be back by then and see what the other Dr thinks. I am open to what they think I should do. Excited that it might not be a triple negative, not sure about hormone therapy. So you can say I am a bit confused, not scared and looking forward to answers. The key thing here is that there is a good chance I don't have cancer any where.That is what I am going to focus on and take each day as it comes. I will do follow ups with my Radiation oncologist, Medical oncologist and my surgeon. I am to call them if I have any pain any where that is not explainable.  I am on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment