Wednesday, January 25, 2012

safe in the storm

Well on Monday it was a week since my last radiation treatment. You would think that I would be super happy and over the top about it, and I am. I am also conflicted. I think that lots of cancer patients go through this. I know I did the last 2 times so I am not sure why I did not realize it would happen this time also.
You finish your treatment and then you think. Wow now I am not fighting and I might need to still be fighting. Now I have to wait to see if it worked. It is kind of a scary time. One where every little ache or pain makes you think. HMMM is this something..... should I go to the doctor........ I wonder how they will treat it this time. Then you have to grab your mind back and say. I AM 52. I will have unknown aches and pains. That is normal.

 Yes that is a man in the light house door. The Lord is keeping him safe in the storm. He can keep me safe in mine.

SOOOO now I am going to work at keeping control of my mind again. When I feel a little afraid I will  ask Dan to pray for me. I will not go lay down and cover up and just want to take a nap where I can get away from it. Cancer will not rule my life. I will let you know how I am doing. AND if you think of me please say a prayer for peace of mind for me. Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. PS I got a letter in the mail today from my Doctors office stating that now that I was done with treatment I would go through some different kind of stressful times. It read like I had just told Dan all the things I was feeling last night. Maybe I will check the mail more often. Made me feel real normal at this point :)

    ReplyDelete